Special events offer a wonderful opportunity to make new friends and raise funds for programs and projects to enhance the Prout student experience.
Bubbles & Bids
Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 6, 2017. The Prout School will hold its annual Spring
Auction, Bubbles & Bids
, at The Preserve at Boulder Hills, a beautiful location in Wyoming, RI.
The auction is the school's major fund raising and social event of the year, giving us the opportunity to spend an evening together as we enjoy a buffet dinner with a cash bar, an array of silent auction items, a live auction and various raffles and games.
This is an important fundraising event for our school, as money raised at the auction is invested back into the school - into academics, athletics and the arts -- to ensure the best possible experience for our students.
As this is the school's 50th anniversary year, the event will be extra special. Our goal is to raise $50,000.
How can you help?
- Volunteer on the auction committee. Many hands make light work. Email me to sign up.
- Become a sponsor. Increase the visibility of your business while helping to offset the cost of the event. Click here for sponsorship levels & benefits.
- Attend. Enjoy the evening with friends and have fun. Click here to purchase tickets online.
- Donate wine. Back by popular demand is our Wine Pull. We need lots of bottles of wine to make this a success. Please donate a bottle or two. Bottles of wine may be dropped off at The Prout School's Institutional Advancement Office, Monday – Friday from 9:00am-3:30pm. We are across from the chapel. Contact Rose Slusarczyk with questions.
- Donate an auction item. Your donations are very important, as the majority of the evening's proceeds come from auction bidding. Donations are tax-deductible. Find the item donation form here. Some ideas:
- Do you have a vacation home you can donate for a few nights?
- Frequent flyer miles you won't get a chance to use?
- Maybe a gift certificate to your favorite restaurant or store?
- Tickets to a game, concert or show?
- Please take a look at our sign up genius for some inspiration.
I thank you in advance for your help in making the 2017 Spring Auction the most successful to date! Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or suggestions.
The Cross & Tower Challenge
The Class of 2016 challenges the other alumni and current classes to help fund the project to restore the cross and tower at the center of our school. The project includes "gilding" the cross. This effort is a "birthday present" to Prout, our alma mater, which turns 50 this year.
Click here to make an online donation to the Cross & Tower fund.
Our goal is to raise at least $25,000. Any funds raised over that amount will allow the school to add bells to the cross and tower. Any funds raised over that goal will go directly to the Mary Hoyt Living Legacy Fund which provides financial assistance to Prout students in need.
Thanks to a big push on #GivingTuesday, we have received a total of $7,000, 26% toward our goal. We have received donations from members of fully half of our alumni/current classes:
- The Seventies: 1970, 1971, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1978, 1979
- The Eighties:1980, 1981, 1984,1988, 1989
- The Nineties: 1996
- The Two Thousands: 2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007
The Teens: 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019
Not on the list? Add yours by making a donation today! Thank you!